top of page


Work Injuries

The WorkCover scheme was introduced by the NSW government to ensure the health and safety of employees. Under WorkCover, all employers need to comply with occupational health and safety, injury management, and workers’ compensation.


What steps do I need to take for WorkCover?


If you sustain a work-related injury, notify your employer, and speak to a doctor immediately for advice and a WorkCover certificate. You may have to pay for the first WorkCover consult, but this is reimbursed to you once your claim is approved. Your insurer will give you a WorkCover claim number and a case manager – you will need these details for your doctor.


What is a WorkCover Certificate of Capacity?


Your WorkCover doctor completes the WorkCover certificate of capacity for you – this outlines the duties that you can/cannot perform at work and anything that can help your recovery. The WorkCover certificate of capacity is also used to communicate your WorkCover case with your insurer, employer, and other health professionals involved. The WorkCover Certificate of Capacity has to be updated by your nominated WorkCover doctor every 28 days – this means you should follow up with the same doctor for WorkCover appointments.

SIRA - Recovery at Work Guide for patients


For further enquiries and appointments, please call Your Health Griffith on (02) 6962 7661

bottom of page